The pandemic has changed everything, and the Wakefield Market is no exception. While we look forward to the market being able to return to the social gathering spot it has always been, until the threat of COVID-19 passes, here is what to expect at the market:
- Fewer vendors, spaced farther apart. Only vendors selling food, horticultural and personal hygiene products are allowed.
- One entrance and one exit to the market grounds, and market volunteers limiting the number of customers at any one time.
- Customers waiting to enter the market lining up two meters apart.
- No music or events.
- No community or junior tables.
- Some vendors sharing marketing duties to reduce contact.
- Prepared food vendors selling take-out, but no eating or drinking on site.
- No dogs allowed.
- No washroom facilities provided.
- No tasters.
- Some vendors offering online pre-orders, which can be picked up at the market. Please see the list below of links to vendors offering this service.
We ask that customers abide by the following protocols:
- If you are feeling sick, stay home.
- Use the provided hand sanitizer when entering the market grounds.
- We encourage you to wear a mask if you have one.
- Limit of one person per household shopping.
- Parking at the Centre Wakefield La Pêche is for market customers only and is limited to 30 minutes.
- Pay by cards rather than cash whenever possible.
VENDORS OFFERING PRE-ORDERS THAT CAN BE PICKED UP AT THE MARKET: