The pandemic has changed everything, and the Wakefield Market is no exception. While we look forward to the market being able to return to the social gathering spot it has always been, until the threat of COVID-19 passes, here is what to expect at the market:
- Vendor tents spaced two meters apart.
- One entrance and one exit to the market grounds, and market volunteers limiting the number of customers at any one time.
- No music or events.
- No junior tables.
- Prepared food vendors selling take-out, but no eating or drinking on site.
- No dogs allowed.
- A portable toilet is provided.
- No tasters.
- No picnic tables.
- Free parking is available at Ski Vorlage. In order to minimize traffic on Burnside between Vorlage and Chemin Riverside, we ask that customers arrive by Elmdale or by Burnside via highway 105.
We ask that customers abide by the following protocols:
- If you are feeling sick, stay home.
- Customers from different households remain two meters apart.
- Use the provided hand sanitizer when entering the market grounds.
- Wearing a mask is mandatory.
- Until you know what you want to buy, please shop with your eyes and not your hands.