Not all of our vendors are there every week, so if you want to make sure a particular vendor will be there when you come, please contact them directly.
My son always said that we had to share the wonderful creations we made at home with the world, and we are finally doing it. We look forward to meeting you at the Market!
Cristina, Waldo and Nahuel
Ferme et Forêt is an ecological farm and wild foods enterprise just north of Wakefield. We offer:
- maple syrup, boiled over a wood fire, frozen maple sap, maple fudge, and maple butter
- a wide array of wild foods, from chokecherries and spruce tips, to nettle and milkweed
- products made with wild foods, such as sumac juice, wild apple cider, and herbal teas
- eggs from our small flock of laying hens, who are fed organic grains and allowed to free range on pasture
- shiitake mushrooms, grown in our woods on maple and oak logs
- granola and maple pies, made with our maple syrup
- strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, asparagus, and garlic, grown without the use of pesticides or chemical fertilizers
Ferme Ostribee is an ostrich farm located in the Pontiac north of Shawville. Our main products are ostrich eggs and shells. Did you know that ostrich eggs are the size of 24 chicken eggs? They contain a different protein than chicken eggs and can be consumed by people who are allergic to chicken eggs.
We also offer duck eggs. Our ducks are pasture managed, allowed to free range all day, and are fed grain, crickets and the occasional cucumber and tomato!
Jam, jelly, and baked goods.